Arrivals and departures
From Jean Lesage Airport it's 30 minutes by taxi, for a flat rate of $ 35 + tip.
From the Gare du Palais, calculate 5 minutes by taxi or 10 minutes by walk.
If you are in a car, borrow Charest East.
ADDRESS OF RÉSIDENCES
Building Fleurie: 480, de la Chapelle, Québec City, G1K 0B6 – Apartment X
Building Sainte-Hélène: 575, rue Sainte-Hélène, Québec City, G1K 9M4 – Apartment X
In the entrance of each residence you can see a safe at your left.
Inside the safe, there is an envelope with your name and the number of your room written on it.
To open, dial the code, turn the handle to the right and pull towards you.
To close the door, turn the handle to the left. Wait a few seconds and check if the safe is locked.
Please lock the safe after use.
The code is: (You will receive it 1 week before your arrival, if you don't receive it, contact us.)
PAYMENT AND DOCUMENTS
In the days following your arrival, please go to our office to pay your $ 100 deposit (cash, this amount will be refundable upon departure after inspection of the premises) and give the state record places.
You'll also get your copy of the lease, if it is not already done.
Finally, you provide proof of civil liability insurance tenant, if it is missing in your file (OBLIGATORY).
Our office located in room 118 of Building Fleurie (480, rue de la Chapelle, Quebec City), open Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 16h and Friday from 8:00 to 12:00. You can pay your rent by debit card, check payable to the University of Quebec (Canadian bank), travelers check, cash. You can now use the pre-authorized debit or by ACCESS D TelNat or RBC (ask your reference number if you have an account at Desjardins, the National Bank or RBC).
TELEPHONE AND INTERNET
Wireless Internet is available at the Residences of the University of Quebec. The access code will be given in your envelope with the keys. As for the phone, you can make local calls by dialing 9 before the telephone number. Follow the steps in your notebook resident to change the password of the mailbox.
To open the front door to your guest (s) use white handset on the wall.
It is your responsibility to equip you with dishes, bed linen (sheets, blanket, pillow) and towels. The apartments are furnished, but not accessorized.
Set up a cleaning schedule upon arrival to avoid conflict.
Household schedule template
A laundry room is available upstairs 1 near the back entrance of the building in Ste-Hélène and 0 in front of the elevator Fleurie.
The cost for a wash is $ 1.90 and $ 2.00 to dry.
You must buy a smart card to the laundry directly to the terminal or at our office ($ 6).
You must add minimally $ 5 to the card and when you leave, we can not refund the balance of the card.
Irons and ironing are available for use on site.
If you have forgotten or lost the keys, it is possible to unlock your door.
See signs posted to that effect in the building entrances. CAUTION wholesale fee is payable.
Never close your bedroom door without taking your keys (or unlock the button behind the handle), it will save you unnecessary costs.
Also, plan to print this email to have the instructions with you when you arrive.
For emergency (fire, water damage, serious accident etc.), call the security 418 657-4448 (Fleurie dial 444 on the intercom and Ste-Helen pick up the black phone).
Enjoy your stay in Quebec!
* All occupants of the apartment must do part of the cleaning of the common areas BEFORE the date of the inspection of one of the renter (except for studio).
Keeping your apartment clean all year avoids a heavy workload and, above all, friction with your roommates.
Set up a cleaning schedule as soon as you arrive!
COMMON AREAS :
1. Plan the date and the hour of the inspection with us.
2. Use our model (you can get one at our office or at the entrance of Ste-Hélène). Stick the task division sheet on your fridge.
3. Divide tasks (each tenant must write his/her name to 1 part of tasks and complete it).
The person who arrived in the apartment also deserves to enjoy a clean apartment upon arrival.
Additional information on household common areas:
Entrance and wardrobe:
- Clean the front door of the apartment outside and inside and make up for it
- Decommissioning the common wardrobes of any clothing or object not belonging to the tenants remaining on the premises
Kitchen, living room, dining room:
- Decommission (discard any stale food) and wash the fridge and freezer inside and out; advance it and remove the dust behind
- Clean the stove inside (with the appropriate product) and outside (change the aluminum rounds-we supply them); advance the stove and remove the dust behind
- Wash and degrease the walls touching the stove and the hood
- Clean the kitchen counter and put the dishes in the cupboards
- Inner cabinet shelves must be clean and free of any stale food or objects not belonging to any of the tenants remaining on site
- Clean tables, chairs and furniture in living room and dining room
- Wash windows shelves, heaters and dirty walls as needed
- Wash the toilet, the shower (attention to the shower rail), the sink, the mirror, the walls and the front of the cabinets. Do not forget the inside of your wardrobe. Finish by the floor.
- Remove the common areas from any personal items and wash the floor of the rest of the apartment (except rooms occupied by other roommates) and your room.
In case the inventory is deemed unsatisfactory during the inspection, we may ask you to make alterations.
We are not required to refund the $ 100 if the household is deemed unsatisfactory because we will have to hire people to do it for you.
ROOM CLEANING :
-Wash the mattress, the mattress pad and replace it, folded on the bed
- Wash all the furniture in the room (inside, outside as well as behind)
- Wash the lamp (foot and lampshades), the window shelf and the phone
- Wash the mirror
- Wash inside the drawers of the work desk, dresser and bed
- Take out the drawers from the bed and clean under the bed
- Wash the walls
- Sweep and wash the floor (tamp furniture and bed and clean all around)
WHEN YOU LEAVE :
Close windows, lights and turn down the heat.
Do not leave any personal effects; discard the garbage and the recovery.
If you leave things to give, do it before your inspection.
We lend free accessories and cleaning products. Go to the office to retrieve what you will need.
Our planning depends on the time you want your inspection, so please confirm it quickly.
Remember to empty your locker if you have stored items or pay for your locker rent.
Your statement sheet of the inventory that you have completed and given when you arrive will be used at your departure.
If you have not delivered it, you are presumed to have received the goods in good condition.